background

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Downton Abbey All Day Long

As a wonderful "Welcome to Denver, We Are So Glad to Have You" gift, I was caught by a nasty stomach flu. It involved all manner of nasties which I've decided I don't need to explain, I'm sure you can imagine them yourself. I'm sure Denver itself had very little to do with the flu, but it was still awful timing, a week in and I am stuck in bed for two days. I am happy to report that I am fully recovered, I'm back to drinking strong coffee and eating Jimmy Dean's Sausage wrapped in Pancakes on a stick.



As I was starting to feel sick I decided to put Downton Abbey on my computer to help distract me from all of my icky feelings. It's another Pride and Prejudice story set in April 1912 with the sinking of the Titanic. I had already watched the first season through once, so I knew I would feel the liberty to fall asleep while watching. It was and is the very best sick day TV ever. It was soothing, funny, witty, entertaining. I could easily fall asleep to it, or I could stay up and be entertained, and distracted from all of the yuckyness. Now that I am well, I still want to keep watching. I haven't seen any of the second season, so please, no spoilers. I'm waiting for it to appear on Netflix. In the span of the last three days I watched the 1st season through twice, and I still want to put it on again tonight. Let just say that if I'm gonna be stranded on a deserted island, Downton Abbey is coming with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment