background

Monday, April 16, 2012

Unique Churches and Eggs Benedict

Sunday I went to church with Jacintha. She is a dear friend from Bowling Green, who came out here to attend Denver Seminary. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to have her here. Her church was like no church I have ever attended before. Its called Wellspring, and it is an charismatic, evangelical, Anglican church. So imagine all of the of the tradition of a Catholic church; the group prayer, the sitting then standing then sitting then standing, the processional at the beginning, the minister in vestments, the group responses. Now combine that with an awesome worship band, people dancing in the aisle, intermittent shouts of "AMEN!" The minister in his vestments, rocking out on his guitar, (It is important to also add that he had long pulled back hair, a substantial beard, combine that with his long white robes and it looked like Jesus was rocking out on stage.) My brain does not have a schema in which to put the combination. I'm still feeling a little trippy from it, but the people there were so kind, and the message was awesome! Also it should be mentioned that the youth minister there is a friend of Josh Coy's, nough said.

After service we decided to grab some brunch. I LOVE living in a place where there is an abundance of places that specialize in brunch. Now I know why Marshall was willing to go it alone. We ate at Lucile's, a Creole restaurant. I wish I would have taken pictures inside. The front desk was an old piano painted lilac. We sat at a circular bar complete with swivel stools. It offered breakfast beer. The silverware was wrapped in mis-matched scrapes of cloth. I ordered eggs Benedict, YUM! It ranks in my top three breakfast's ever. If you come to visit me I will take you there.

These are pictures of us outside the restaurant.



No comments:

Post a Comment